Following the San Francisco-based cryptocurrency exchange’s initial public offering (IPO) Form S-1 draft registration, reports say Goldman Sachs is likely to lead the IPO. Additionally, the digital currency trading platform FTX is rumored to be launching a Coinbase futures market ahead of public listing.
- Two days ago, on December 17, 2020, Coinbase announced file registration papers with the United States Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC). “Form S-1 is expected to go into effect after the SEC completes its review process, subject to market and other conditions,” the San Francisco exchange said.
- Recent analysis from messari.io analyst Mira Christanto details that the company recently changed board members and included former Cisco CFO Kelly Kramer, Google veteran Gokul Rajaram and venture capitalist Marc Andreessen. Christanto says the latest initial public offering preparations “could net the company a value of $ 28 billion.”
- Meghan Morris, Business Insider’s financial columnist disclosed that Coinbase will use financial institution Goldman Sachs to conduct the IPO. The deal with Goldman Sachs was reportedly confirmed by two industry sources, but the San Francisco stock exchange has yet to confirm the choice.
- Digital Currency Group founder Barry Silbert welcomed the announcement of the Coinbase filing and tweeted about the registration on Thursday. “Thanks to the Coinbase IPO, the acquisition price of a number of crypto companies is about to go much higher,” Silbert tweeted to its 242,000 followers on social media.
- According to an report FTX CEO Sam Bankman-Fried, published by Coindesk, told the reporter that the team plans to launch Coinbase IPO futures if Form S-1 is lit green by US regulators.
- FTX has already launched a pre-IPO futures market for Airbnb and also created Trump and Biden’s presidential election. Bankman-Fried told reporter Zack Voell that the launch of the Coinbase futures ahead of the IPO could be ‘very soon’ or ‘could never happen’ either.
- Launched in 2012, Coinbase exchange is one of the most popular digital asset providers worldwide. In 2017 Coinbase reached unicorn status and in 2018 the company was valued at $ 8 billion.
What do you think about the initial public offering of Coinbase (IPO) and Goldman Sachs leading the IPO? What do you think of the FTX pre-IPO futures? Let us know what you think about this topic in the comments below.
Image Credits: Shutterstock, Pixabay, Wiki Commons
Disclaimer: This article is for informational purposes only. It is not a direct offer or invitation to an offer to buy or sell, or a recommendation or endorsement of products, services, or companies. Bitcoin.com does not provide investment, tax, legal or accounting advice. Neither the company nor the author is responsible, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with the use of or reliance on any content, goods or services mentioned in this article.