Listen to this episode:
Nik Bhatia, the renowned Bitcoin thinker and economist, joined this episode of the Bitcoin Magazine Podcast to recently issued MicroStrategy corporate bond to buy more bitcoin. Bhatia has a deep history in the bond world and he explained that this is just the beginning of bond issuance for Bitcoin purposes, emphasizing that companies can issue bonds for any purpose they can justify to investors.
Then he delved into his new book, “Layered money, ”Which is currently available for pre-order. Bhatia explained how the current monetary system is layered and how bitcoin is the first new asset to live completely outside of the current system.
Finally, Bhatia answered some cosmic questions about the future of money and what a Bitcoin-based financial system looks like.
Topics discussed in this episode include:
- The fact that bitcoin is such a unique asset because it is not a liability on anyone else’s balance sheet
- Buying MicroStrategy bitcoin and what that means for the bond market
- People call it a ‘speculative attack’, but Bhatia calls it ‘arbitration’
- The fact that we can see many types of companies issuing bonds to buy bitcoin and their reasoning will vary completely
- Atomic swaps that make all crypto assets interoperable
- Bitcoin exists outside the system and therefore we can build on it
Find Nik Bhatia at Twitter.