The price of bitcoin and a host of digital currencies rose significantly on Christmas Day. Bitcoin hit an all-time high at $ 24,662 per coin again, while many other crypto assets recovered from the previous day’s slump.
- On December 25, 2020, bitcoin (BTC) hit an all-time high (ATH) at $ 24,662 per coin after falling to a low of $ 22,879 on December 23. BTC is up more than 3.7% today, more than 28% in the last 30 days and 124% in the last 90 days. At the time of publication, BTC trades between $ 24,150 and $ 24,350 per coin.
- The total market capitalization of all more than 7,500 existing digital currencies is $ 637 billion Friday. Bitcoin’s (BTC) dominance index today from the total market valuation is 68%.
- Ethereum is still down more than 4% in the past seven days and is currently trading at $ 618 per ether. However, ETH is up 8% in the past 30 days and 90-day statistics show that ether is 73%. Ethereum has a market cap of $ 69 billion at the time of publication. XRP has risen since its major decline recently after losing nearly 40% in value.
- XRP trades at $ 0.31 per unit and is up 19% in the last 24 hours. However, XRP has fallen more than 42% over the past seven days, 59% over the 30 day period, but the token is still up 37% over the 90 day period.
- When the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) announced it was suing the company Ripple and its top two executives, the crypto asset XRP has fallen significantly in value. Platforms such as OSL, Crosstower, Beaxy, Bitwise, Galaxy Digital, and Jump Trading dropped the token.
- On Christmas Day, the Bitstamp stock exchange announced that it would delist XRP in the US on January 8, 2021. “Other countries are not affected,” explained Bitstamp.
- Litecoin (LTC) is up 13% today and each token is trading at $ 120 each LTC. Litecoin is up 10% in the past seven days, is up 48% over the 30-day period, and 162% in gains over the past 90 days.
- Bitcoin cash (BCH) trades at $ 309 per coin and crypto asset is up more than 8% today. BCH has gone up 39% over the past 90 days, but is down 23% over the 30 day period and down a little more than 1% over the week.
- Today’s best Christmas Day winners include coins such as staking net (XSN), refereum (RFR), and XRP. The biggest losers on December 25, 2020 include golem (GNT), trueflip (TFL) and crypt (CRPT).
What do you think of the current crypto market action? Let us know what you think about this topic in the comments below.
Image Credits: Shutterstock, Pixabay, Wiki Commons
Disclaimer: This article is for informational purposes only. It is not a direct offer or invitation to an offer to buy or sell, or a recommendation or endorsement of products, services or companies. Bitcoin.com does not provide investment, tax, legal or accounting advice. Neither the company nor the author is directly or indirectly responsible for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with the use of or reliance on any content, goods or services mentioned in this article.