Digital currency markets continue to see strong gains as the overall market valuation of the crypto economy surged by $ 32 billion above the $ 1 trillion market cap after first hitting the record high. Additionally, the price of bitcoin hit another record high on Thursday morning (EST), hitting $ 38,610 per coin.
- Bitcoin, the leading digital asset in terms of market valuation, is floating above the $ 38k handle after breaking through its ATH the day before. Bitcoin (BTC) jumped to another ATH on Thursday at about $ 38,610 per unit during the morning trading sessions.
- Bitcoin is up more than 10% in the last 24 hours, 31% in the last seven days, 107% for the month and 243% for the 90 day period. BTC is also up more than 370% against the US dollar in the past 12 months.
- The main cryptocurrency trading pair today is tether (USDT), which captures 52.19% of all BTC acts today. This is followed by the USD (18.58%), JPY (7.14%), EUR (5.59%), BUSD (4.20%), KRW (3.58%) and USDC (1. 53%).
- Bitcoin hashrate is still very high on Thursday at 155 exahash per second (EH / s) as 18 mining pools are mining BTC today. The top five mining pools on January 7, 2020 include F2pool, Binance Pool, Huobi Pool, Antpool and Poolin.
- The second leading crypto asset, ethereum (ETH) is up 7.4% today and 65% last week. ETH trades at $ 1,231 per unit and has a market cap of approximately $ 140 billion.
- After a few weeks of suffering, the third largest blockchain in terms of market capitalization, XRP jumped a lot on Thursday morning (EST). XRP has risen 60% in the last 24 hours and is now trading at $ 0.33 per token.
- While BTC has jumped to new highs, some analysts believe the value of the cryptocurrency may be hot. Cryptoquant CEO Ki-Young Ju tweeted about the funding rate three days ago. “I’m patiently waiting for the funding rate to cool,” tweeted the Cryptoquant CEO. “BTC could go up more, but it’s too dangerous, ”he added.
- On January 4, 2020, David Rosenberg, Rosenberg Research’s chief economist told CNBC that bitcoin is in a huge bubble and referred to the crypto assets as oversold. “The parabolic movement in bitcoin in such a short period of time, I would say for certainty, is highly abnormal,” said Rosenberg.
- Meanwhile, the total market valuation of all 7,500+ crypto assets on Thursday January 7, 2020 is approximately $ 1,038,719,526,309 at the time of publication.
For more live crypto market actions, check out the real-time exchange statistics at markets.Bitcoin.com.
What do you think of bitcoin’s latest all-time price? Let us know what you think in the comments below.
Image Credits: Shutterstock, Pixabay, Wiki Commons
Disclaimer: This article is for informational purposes only. It is not a direct offer or invitation to an offer to buy or sell, or a recommendation or endorsement of products, services or companies. Bitcoin.com does not provide investment, tax, legal or accounting advice. Neither the company nor the author is responsible, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with the use of or reliance on any content, goods or services mentioned in this article.