Listen to this episode:
This week, host CK sat down with Javier Bastardo from Satoshi and Venezuela on the “Bitcoin Magazine Podcast”. This was a comprehensive, genuine, and heartfelt conversation about the trials the Venezuelan people are subject to because of the totalitarian regime currently under control.
Bastardo shared his story of discovering and living on bitcoin since 2017 and how Bitcoin gave him both financial stability and community during his persecution in Venezuela. While Bastardo is hopeless for Venezuela today, he is personally hopeful because of Bitcoin. He warned Bitcoiners in the West not to just use Venezuela as a Bitcoin case study. Venezuelans are suffering at the hands of a malicious and parasitic regime. Bitcoin can help, but there are many barriers to Bitcoin adoption in Venezuela preventing the majority of people from taking advantage of it.
Topics discussed in this episode included:
- Blackouts in Venezuela
- Venezuela per capita has a lot of money
- Bolivars and paper money are completely broken
- Lockdowns are strict
- The barriers to Bitcoin adoption are huge
- Venezuelans just want dollars
- Bastardo tries to educate people by disseminating Bitcoin information in Spanish